NullSechnaya Sholupen

Protocol Gang Online - UDP's Application

udp · 9 · 115

udp

• I can't guarantee anything
    • View Profile
    • How To Eve
- Please list your main character and their zkillboard links.

Main Subcap Pilot: UDP https://zkillboard.com/character/2117051117/

- Please list your alts and what role they have.    Names not needed right now.

I have two other omega alts. One is training towards a Rorq --> Fax and is a max skilled Orca pilot. The other is an alt miner training towards a Nid. I'm not entirely sure a rorq is in my future though and might make the rorq pilot a carrier pilot instead.
I have 5 alpha alts, one for each race and a Alpha miner i did some testing with. I used these for bashing structures in high sec: https://zkillboard.com/character/2117145958/  https://zkillboard.com/character/2117145978/ .  I planned on using them for some ganking :p
I have 3 Pi Alts with 3 more incoming. These will grow further into scanning, research and industry alts, settling on SP farms once they hit 5m SP. That recent deal for 90 days omega/90 days MCT was clutch!

- Why are you wanting to leave your current corp?

I spent a great deal of time in a different full loot, sandbox MMO (Albion) and had the BEST guild experience in my life. I want to replicate that here in EVE, and BRAVE isn't the place to do it. They are a megacorp and it feels like it - i'm just another body, my presence really isn't felt in any scenario. It is impersonal and I want a space family to grow with, one that will keep me playing for years.

- What made you seek us out?

I admit, IronGuard did not show up during my search at all. It was not until the reddit post about that SICK AF heist that I thought to look you guys up. I then verified our TZ's matched up well and engaged leadership further :)

- Who is your Vouch (If you have a vouch)?

No vouch

- What timezone are you in?

Pacific Standard Time (PST).

- How much time generally do you have available to play ?

I play from 0000-0700 regularly on weekdays, more on weekends. I play A LOT. You can expect me to dedicate roughly 75% of my online time to fleets.

- How long have you been playing for?

About a month and a half.

- How do you make ISK - are  you self-sufficient?

Quite :) I enjoy mining and ratting during downtime while I watch pr0n, err, netflix. Furthermore, I have Visa Specialization V and a great job :)

- Describe briefly your favorite fight you have been in.

This last weekend we took out a TNT (GEWNS) astrahaus. We got some resistance and the ensuing battle was different than others I have had thus far. Rather than anchor on an FC, we independently warped around to tacs all over, making the enemy unable to pin ALL of us down. We continued to keep the timer paused long enough for a corpmate to hit up Jita Holding in discord. After prolly 25 warp-arounds, Jita Holding shows up and BRRTS the structure with us. GGWP, didn't have to F1 and learned how to take down an astra this way. Made 300m and got a nice fight.

- What is your most embarrassing loss?   What happened?

https://zkillboard.com/kill/85339261/

This one, definitely. I was with a fleet on gate, there was a single enemy that landed and I painted him, giving myself aggression. FC says to jump and I am left by myself :( I manage to escape but am camped in both sides, so I head to an anom and let the rats shoot me so I can head to bed. I thought the goons wouldn't get the KM, but they still did :(

- Have you ever been kicked out of a corp or alliance? Why?

Nah, I am like an energizer bunny why would you want to get rid of me?

- You get a ping that says "fleet up on FC <Name> comms 1". How do you find out what ship to fly?

MOTD most likely has your answer, fleet description might state it, FC might just tell you on comms. If still nothing, ask in fleet chat. ez pz.

- You get a ping and you're late, fleet has already left, how do you find out where the fleet is?

use the system map to see "other members of my fleet"

- You are on a cap fleet, taking gates, explain how not to bump when you land on the out gate.

I wish I had a cap :/ I actually do not know how you prevent this behavior, so I will use my brain here....I would think staggering the jumps or custom warp-in distances would do the trick.? Obviously if everyone warps to 0 they are all going to bump each other, so THAT is definitely not the thing to do.

- What is your favorite ship in Eve?

The Cynabal! It is sexy as hell, I like the skins, and projectile weapons are my favorite. The fact it is actually usable ( i see people in it often roaming around) is just a plus :)
I can't guarantee anything

jeronica

• View Profile
Ryba seems to be the right fit for you. They have a similar ethos as NSH, but are more accommodating to newer players.

anure

• View Profile
I'm curious. It looks like you started playing 6/14 and roughly a week later you were selling around 5500 PLEX in 500 group intervals. That's around 14B give or take. What caused the need for 14-15b a week into playing the game? That is a rather hefty sum of isk for someone just a week into the game who can't fly a hull remotely close to that price.

udp

• View Profile
    • How To Eve
I'm curious. It looks like you started playing 6/14 and roughly a week later you were selling around 5500 PLEX in 500 group intervals. That's around 14B give or take. What caused the need for 14-15b a week into playing the game? That is a rather hefty sum of isk for someone just a week into the game who can't fly a hull remotely close to that price.

Heh, that's not even all of it either. I learned in my first few days this was going to be my new hobby. It ticks all my boxes. I used the funds to inject my characters into the things I wanted to do and skip the wait time. In retrospect perhaps I shouldn't have jumped so hard into mining, but hey, it works.

I like the idea of simply not having to farm at all, buy what I want when I want, and inject what I want when I want. I work hard IRL :)

udp

• View Profile
    • How To Eve
Ryba seems to be the right fit for you. They have a similar ethos as NSH, but are more accommodating to newer players.

Techno and I discussed this, it might be the path to take, maybe i'll be just fine in IG. I yield to the corp's recommendation.

arnoce

• View Profile
NSH is a group more oriented towards more experienced players. We also use a lot of T2 doctrines that take months to train into normally and whatnot. That being said, your app looks well made and you seem to be a pretty dedicated player. We have a new player corp called Ryba that might be a better fit for you until you're ready to move up the ranks.

udp

• View Profile
    • How To Eve
NSH is a group more oriented towards more experienced players. We also use a lot of T2 doctrines that take months to train into normally and whatnot. That being said, your app looks well made and you seem to be a pretty dedicated player. We have a new player corp called Ryba that might be a better fit for you until you're ready to move up the ranks.

Skillpoints aren't the issue, those I can buy. Practical experience on the other hand? Best place to get it is with a group of folks like you. I can F1 with the best of them, it's the OTHER stuff I will be focusing on absorbing. Things like understanding engagement profiles, what [given comp] can do against [given comp], proper kiting techniques in nano fleets and most importantly general positioning. My manual piloting skills are meh.

bob_maulerantian

• View Profile
Do you prefer large fleets, small gangs, or solo pvp?
Are you going to train a dread alt?
Hypothetical: you're on a late night fleet and find out you live in the same town as someone in alliance? How do you respond? They then offer to come over and rub your feet, and they'll pay you in plex, how do you respond?

udp

• View Profile
    • How To Eve
Do you prefer large fleets, small gangs, or solo pvp?
Are you going to train a dread alt?
Hypothetical: you're on a late night fleet and find out you live in the same town as someone in alliance? How do you respond? They then offer to come over and rub your feet, and they'll pay you in plex, how do you respond?

I would say my preference is in small-scale stuff. I'm not a fan of TiDi tbh.

I have both a Dread alt and Fax alt in training.

Cool hypothetical question - I live in the same town as two of my old Albion guildmates and as soon as I learned this i demanded we get together for drinks (or a smoke-sesh :P ). If one of them wanted to rub my feet AND pay me in PLEX i would whore myself out faster than Init is losing systems in Fountain.