Sign in to follow this  
Kataris Jaartik

Kataris Jaartik - ACCEPTED

15 posts in this topic

Kataris Jaartik

1. Who do you know in Drop the Soap and/or NSH? Give us a some details of how you met some or all.

Anure, Fistofwrath, Klim, Vandete.  Outside of Fist, I met the rest when in Great Wildlands Coalition, a year or so ago.  Fist….well…I recruited him into an alliance that tanked epically, years ago.  He usually follows me around, now.

2. What Time Zone do you primarily play in?

Pacific US Time Zone.

3. Where do you live and what languages do you speak?

Seattle, Washington, US.

Languages…um….English.  I might remember some French, but it’s been a good decade or so.  C#.

4. How old are you?

Upper-30s / Male / English

5. How many hours do you play Eve on average during a week?

When the content motivates me, more often.  Lately, it’s been mediocre, so I average about 5-6 hours.  I’ve been known to go 20ish, though, if I’m having fun.  Work sometimes swings this wildly, though.

6. Give a list of all your Characters, what they can fly, and if you've always owned or purchased them. Any super sekret toons, PM to @Anure

I have always owned these accounts.

Kataris Jaartik – Anything not industrial.

Kataerasa Kitraaj – Just became useful as a dread alt.

Katrasa – Minmatar / Caldari / Amarr boosts.  Apostle.  Dread.  Carrier (min/amarr).  Bunch of amarr and caldari subcaps.

Fourth one I’ll send to Anure.

7. Tell uѕ about your history in Eve. Where have you been? What have you done? Who are your friends? Your enemies? What was your most memorable fight? 

I have been places.  I’ve seen things.  I've been playing since 2006.  In that time, I've taken a few years off but I seem to always come back.

I started my EVE career by managing to get into IAC, back in the day.  Been doomsdayed by an AOE doomsday fired at a cyno.  I was in NCdot for a while.  Mostly it was around the time they took the North.  Started a pet alliance that failed epically when our leader didn't listen to me about a guy being a spy.

Most memorable fight?  That one’s kind of tough.  There was this one fight, right after I started pvping after a multi-year hiatus.  It was in Provi or thereabouts, in 2010.  We were just a roaming game of nano hurricanes.  It was my first solid, small gang pew in years, so it came with a nice adrenaline rush.  Also, there was this one major battle when I was in NCdot.  Can’t remember which one, but I know I was flying a guardian and tidi was terrible.  I got laid in between rep cycles, thus making it memorable.

8. Why are you leaving your current corporation and/or alliance? Please let us know what you did and didn't like about your previous home.

So….slightly bored with muninns.  Honestly, ORIGIN are good folk.  Elo’s been fun and all, but I’m feeling an itch to try something new.  I really liked the fights we got into back in the GWCS days, so I’m hoping for more of that.  Also, Klim and Vandete have been bugging me to jump ship for months.

9. Why are you trying to join Drop the Soap over other‚ less selective and easier cоrporatіons within NSH?

Fistofwrath joined.  Usually, we stick together to some extent.  Also, I want to drop shit.  If it's soap that I'm dropping, so be it.

10. What ѕetѕ you apart from being yet another F1 pushing member in fleets? Give examples of you being useful and/or leading fleets; include logs or battle/after-action reports you might have written.

If we need more boost alts, I’d train it.  If we needed more logi, no problem.  I have no problems multiboxing (except that managing 4 accounts on this setup is a pain in the ass...it takes a long time, even at stupid mouse sensitivities, to get a cursor across my main monitor...).  I’ve done some scouting, but I’m way the fuck out of practice.  I have, admittedly, been F1 monkeying for a while.  It’s starting to bore the shit out of me.  I’ve been training one of my accounts to go hunting in a legion.  I'll probably suck at it, but as long as you guys are good with me getting the hang of it again, I'm happy to try it.

11. What games other than Eve do you play? Feel free to lіnk your Steаm/Origin/Battle.net account if you feel comfortable doing ѕo.

Hah.  Haha.  Just this week, I’ve played Tropico 6, Pathfinder, Total War Warhammer 2, Anno 1800, and Division 2.  My game collection is pretty extensive…

12. Link a Revelation fit that works in the current Meta in EFT format, and explain why you fit it that way.

So, this rev is a shield rev, intended for gate camping.  She reps about 10k/s, as long as she has a steady supply of cap boosters...and still puts out some decent dps, even with the nerfs.  Sadly, she's also never seen combat since right after I made this fit and bought it, I went a different direction with the only account that I have with the skills to fly it perfectly.

[Phoenix, *Phoenix]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Damage Control II
Co-Processor II

Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
Capital Ancillary Shield Booster
Heavy Stasis Grappler II
Warp Disruptor II
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier

Siege Module II
Rapid Torpedo Launcher II
Dread Guristas Large Graviton Smartbomb

Capital Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Capital Processor Overclocking Unit I
Capital Semiconductor Memory Cell II

Scourge Rage Torpedo x90
Navy Cap Booster 3200 x18

Now for the real fit.  The rev fit below is not terribly expensive, or original.  It's intended to die in a fire in a dread bomb.  In that regard, it's pretty much the standard dread bomb fit.  No reps -  Hopefully, you have some faxes on field and can cycle the siege module to get reps.  Otherwise, it's only 2B or so to replace it, so...keep 3 on hand and hope there aren't a lot of mids to get back to the fight.

[Revelation, Simulated Revelation Fitting]
Coreli B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
Corpii B-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
25000mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
Capital Emergency Hull Energizer I
Heat Sink II
25000mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Capital Capacitor Booster I
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Sensor Booster II

Capital Infectious Scoped Energy Neutralizer
Dual Giga Pulse Laser I
Siege Module I
Dual Giga Pulse Laser I
Dual Giga Pulse Laser I

Capital Trimark Armor Pump I

Sanshas Standard XL x3
Optimal Range Script x2
Tracking Speed Script x2
Sanshas Multifrequency XL x3
Cap Booster 3200 x3
Navy Cap Booster 3200 x17
Scan Resolution Script x1
Multifrequency XL x3
Radio XL x3
Standard XL x3
Nanite Repair Paste x1150
Strong Mindflood Booster x1
Strong Exile Booster x1
Strong Drop Booster x1
Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB5 Dose II x1
Sensor Booster II x1

Be prepаred to anѕwer queѕtions from other NSH members as your thread goes on. Ignore any comments or questions from those not in Drop the Soap unless otherwise asked to respond to them by a Drop the Soap member.

To show your knowledge of Black Ops Battleships, in two hundred and fifty words or less create a tier list of the five Blops battleships and explain why you put them where you did.

6 minutes ago, John Xadin said:

To show your knowledge of Black Ops Battleships, in two hundred and fifty words or less create a tier list of the five Blops battleships and explain why you put them where you did.

1. Marshal - I have a really small dick.

2. Redeemer - My dick is still small, but this is a tight fit.  I like the balance of tank and DPS on this one best.

3. Sin - Gallente FTW!  I usually keep a neut sin around for blopsing.  It's not useful in every situation, but when you need neuts while still applying dps, it's handy.

4. Panther - The muninn of blops.

5. Widow - I used to really like the Widow.  Epic jams.  When they nerfed jams, it became less valuable, imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Kataris Jaartik said:

4. Panther - The muninn of blops.

This guy says he knows me. Not only would I like his app rejected, can we blacklist him too?

Just now, fistofwrath said:

This guy says he knows me. Not only would I like his app rejected, can we blacklist him too?

Masterful baiting.

3 hours ago, Wolfram said:

You dare face @John Xadin's wrath?

I'm always willing to be proven wrong.  It's not frequent, but fist will absolutely gloat about it.

20 minutes ago, Wallymarts said:

HI

Praise be the Wallymarts.

2 minutes ago, Kataris Jaartik said:

I'm always willing to be proven wrong.  It's not frequent, but fist will absolutely gloat about it.

Praise be the Wallymarts.

Shit taste, but I appreciate you replying 😛

Hint: Widow -> Marshal -> Deemer -> Panther -> Sin. 

The Widow is the best because it occupies a unique role when used for hunting carrier and super while having enough fitting now to do everything you want in a utility blops. With the carrier nerfs being as punishing as they are carriers splitting DPS between 2-3 widows gets essentially the same results as pre-nerf ECM. Then comes the marshal because of its unique bonuses, and all around fitting makes it a more versatile but less DPS oriented Panther/Deemer. The Deemer has the best DPS/Tank mix of the bunch. Panthers are above Sin just because of the DPS they can put down and interesting fitting options. Sins are great solo blops but for fleets are outclassed in all aspects except for neuting and drone DPS (which is the worst kind of DPS for a blops imo).  

This my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, John Xadin said:

Shit taste, but I appreciate you replying 😛

Hint: Widow -> Marshal -> Deemer -> Pan

This my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt

I'll take a few grains of salt.  Without salt, EVE would suck.

I could see that aspect of a Widow.  Haven't played around with it since the ecm nerfs, so I want sure if that meant the fighter you're ecming could just fuck you up. 

In practice, I'm partial to the deemer, but mostly because they're easy to multi box.  Not much micromanagement.

Edited by Kataris Jaartik
Shortening the quote...

2 minutes ago, Kataris Jaartik said:

I'll take a few grains of salt.  Without salt, EVE would suck.

I could see that aspect of a Widow.  Haven't played around with it since the ecm nerfs, so I want sure if that meant the fighter you're ecming could just fuck you up. 

In practice, I'm partial to the deemer, but mostly because they're easy to multi box.  Not much micromanagement.

The thing is that carrier application got nerfed so if you are splitting the dps of a super or carrier 2/3/4/5 ways you end up being able to tank them pretty easily if you are in a spidertanking armor blops gang (which you should be if you are dropping carriers) A (pimp) armor widow has more EHP than a Deemer and a Panther so they are one of they better blops to be targeted by DPS anyway.

1 minute ago, John Xadin said:

The thing is that carrier application got nerfed so if you are splitting the dps of a super or carrier 2/3/4/5 ways you end up being able to tank them pretty easily if you are in a spidertanking armor blops gang (which you should be if you are dropping carriers) A (pimp) armor widow has more EHP than a Deemer and a Panther so they are one of they better blops to be targeted by DPS anyway.

Good to know.  My main can fly any of them and one of my alts can do deemer and Widow, so...I'm game for trying one, again.

God bless, friend. App Accepted - Feel free to app your toons at your earliest convenience 

• Like 1