Sign in to follow this  
Robinton Jax

Spectre Jax

18 posts in this topic

1. Who do you know in Drop the Soap and/or NSH? Give us a some details of how you met some or all.

• Please God let me know someone besides Wallymarts.  I’ve been hanging around MH/GW long enough I have to have a better vouch than Wally.

2. What Time Zone do you primarily play in?

• Early to Late EST...0400 EvE I’m out.

3. Where do you live and what languages do you speak?

• Hour east of Chicago, I speak English and sarcasm.

4. How old are you?

• 41, too old....honestly I should not be sleeping with your daughter.

5. How many hours do you play Eve on average during a week?

• Depends, I’ll be honest, trying to get motivated again.  Used to get home and undock to kill everything, things happened.  Need to get back into that mode. Figure 2 hrs a day is safe.

6. Give a list of all your Characters, what they can fly, and if you've always owned or purchased them. Any super sekret toons, PM to @Anure

• Spectre Jax - Flys anything.
  • Robinton Jax(main) - Rote atm.  Fly anything. See how that goes, too late tz honestly, but I need to stay a bit to not be an awol nerd.
  • Jobus Rum - Basically a Blops hunter/scanning toon
  • Telgar Larad - Alternate combat toon to help low level nerds.  He’s good up to laser Oracles/Hacs.
  • Otherwise, PI alts in a hole.

7. Tell uѕ about your history in Eve. Where have you been? What have you done? Who are your friends? Your enemies? What was your most memorable fight?

“Tell uѕ about your history in Eve”

How do you compact a decade plus into something worth reading? You don't.

Spent my first year solo in Molden Heath because my computer sucked and I hated talking on coms.  Ended up joining an anti pirate corp(MMDS) and started getting into PvP. Did ops with COA (Altean)...which led to a bit of blood lust.  The anti pirate life is a boring life to be honest. I lived to get war deced so I could shoot nerds.

Prettyboy Floyde and I ended up moving into Illiamur(MH) because we just could not stand the highsec life anymore.  We pretty much interdicted the system while still playing by Anti-Pirate rules. That did not last long, we wanted to fight….so we started getting creative….shooting gates and such to give us suspect to entice nerds shoot us first.

There were two local pirate groups, Calamitous Intent and Humbless Crew (Dizet Thomas RIP) that Floyde and I fought pretty regular when we could get close to even odds.  One day Altean popped up as a member of 7-2 and it changed things...antipi going pirate.

Few months later Floyde laid it on table we had to move….so we both joined 7-2.  The kills that flows forth…

Going from not being able to shoot first to shooting anything?  I need to look at my KB again for that month. I still remember killing a Cyclone under gate guns while flying a kiting Omen...it was the first time I felt like I could just say fuck it and shoot anything while flying anything. Not looked back since.

Think I still have top spot in Feign Disporder for kills…..Eat it Floyde/Altean!

Honestly, stopping there.  I love my 7-2 mates….we did some shit together and still hang out in discord, just things change.  We took small gang to the max.

I’ve done time in Black Legion as an f1 monkey...yea

8. Why are you leaving your current corporation and/or alliance? Please let us know what you did and didn't like about your previous home.

See above, I have no desire to be an F1 monkey, I’m a small gang nerd...which works if you set me loose in a larger fleet. I have no problem being a part of a large fleet...but when it becomes standard? Nope. If I see an opportnity in a large fleet flying support I'm going to take it...just saying.

9. Why are you trying to join Drop the Soap over other‚ less selective and easier cоrporatіons within NSH?

Wally is annoyingly persuasive.  Honestly, I don't know your rep at all sooo. On larger scale I know NSH knows what they are doing.

10. What ѕetѕ you apart from being yet another F1 pushing member in fleets? Give examples of you being useful and/or leading fleets; include logs or battle/after-action reports you might have written.

What sets me apart from an F1 monkey….the fact that this question pisses me off?  I understand why it needs to be asked, but naw. I could ask if the AARS are archived on old forums from fleets I’ve run, but no.  Quiz me 1 on 1 all you like. I favor leading nano gangs in the 2-12 range...basically where skill matters over Alfa. I favor support in gangs over 3-4.  Otherwise I need to be in DPS to lead. Basically trust I know what the fuck I'm doing and want all of us to have fun. I'll kill us all as long as we have fun. No shit, I'll drive a fleet into a possible "no win scenrio" if I think we will have fun. Seen too many of those fights turn into wins to turn down.

Basically ask me a specific question and you will get an answer.

11. What games other than Eve do you play? Feel free to lіnk your Steаm/Origin/Battle.net account if you feel comfortable doing ѕo.

I’ve drifted off from World of Warships...too simple.

12. Link a Revelation fit that works in the current Meta in EFT format, and explain why you fit it that way.

What am I dropping into...Meta is vague?  Small engagement with sub caps? or the shit?

[Revelation, Spectre Jax's Revelation]
Capital I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
Capital I-a Enduring Armor Repairer
Centum C-Type Energized Explosive Membrane
Centum C-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Capital F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster,Navy Cap Booster 3200

Corpus X-Type Heavy Energy Neutralizer
Siege Module II
Anode Scoped Quad Mega Pulse Laser,Sanshas Multifrequency XL

Capital Energy Metastasis Adjuster I
Capital Energy Metastasis Adjuster II
Capital Energy Metastasis Adjuster II

Died bravly defending my money hole.  If I were dropping into a cap fight of course I would plate.

Be prepаred to anѕwer queѕtions from other NSH members as your thread goes on. Ignore any comments or questions from those not in Drop the Soap unless otherwise asked to respond to them by a Drop the Soap member.

Should be interesting...

• Thanks 1

Obvious +1 from me.

Dude knows his shit, really good pilot. Im sure he will fall in love with farming SMA and other QFC retards, especially considering his timezone.

What would you do if there are 5 nagas sitting on a bubbled gate that leads into a juicy pocket. You can't cyno in and you want to disrupt these people from enjoying their time in eve. What do you do?

You must have a good answer for one of the three. I don't care if you do research to answer this, but you ahve to know the answer to at least 1.

Favorite anime?

Who is yung dab?

Is kissing girls gay?

4 minutes ago, CharleytheChair said:

What would you do if there are 5 nagas sitting on a bubbled gate that leads into a juicy pocket. You can't cyno in and you want to disrupt these people from enjoying their time in eve. What do you do?

what ship does he have

Don't care what I have...if I see someone dumb enough to have Nagas at zero on a gate I'm attacking.

Two go on attack, hold two at zero on gate unagressed to tackle on other side.  Just keep aggressors out of scram range till they are half shield in case they are cyno bait(if obvious over buffer fit....expect cyno).

If they are not cyno bait close in tight to get under guns.

If you are talking cap...same.

9 hours ago, CharleytheChair said:

Why do I get the feeling that you are trying to replace me bby?

I have an Ark because its the sexiest fucking ship in EvE.  Why CCP won't let me strap lasers to it I don't know.

I've not used it in awhile, I have to DST shit to a non Amarr/Caldari system because of they hold my PvE actives back in the day against me.

Saved me from being ganked like others.

...wait...am I applying to Black Frog???

14 hours ago, Yabbiy said:

You must have a good answer for one of the three. I don't care if you do research to answer this, but you ahve to know the answer to at least 1.

Favorite anime?

Who is yung dab?

Is kissing girls gay?

Unless Starblazers is considered anime....I'm out on that one

I refuse to google the second.

Wtf is that third question?  Are we into some gender fluid PC bullshit?  Kiss who ya want, just leave me out of it.

To show your knowledge of Black Ops Battleships, in two hundred and fifty words or less create a tier list of the five Blops battleships and explain why you put them where you did.

1 hour ago, John Xadin said:

To show your knowledge of Black Ops Battleships, in two hundred and fifty words or less create a tier list of the five Blops battleships and explain why you put them where you did.

If I'm dropping blops I better know I'm going to win in the first place...so DPS over tank.

1.  Redeemer - Cause lasers are sexy - Instant DPS

2.  Panther - Nice gank ship with utility highs - short range.  If the fight moves beyond the drop point it might be an issue.

3.  Sin - Utility ship with decent DPS...range not an issue...just takes a few ticks to get the drones out to apply DPS

4.  Widow - eh, nice to have around if you drop on a carrier to jam fighters, but its basically a ship you want to have around if you fuck up.  You should be ganking the target and gtfo....if your sticking around long enough for jams to be needed...  Makes a nice PvE boat though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robinton Jax said:

If I'm dropping blops I better know I'm going to win in the first place...so DPS over tank.

1.  Redeemer - Cause lasers are sexy - Instant DPS

2.  Panther - Nice gank ship with utility highs - short range.  If the fight moves beyond the drop point it might be an issue.

3.  Sin - Utility ship with decent DPS...range not an issue...just takes a few ticks to get the drones out to apply DPS

4.  Widow - eh, nice to have around if you drop on a carrier to jam fighters, but its basically a ship you want to have around if you fuck up.  You should be ganking the target and gtfo....if your sticking around long enough for jams to be needed...  Makes a nice PvE boat though.

Shit taste, but I appreciate you replying 😛

Hint: Widow -> Marshal -> Deemer -> Panther -> Sin. 

The Widow is the best because it occupies a unique role when used for hunting carrier and super while having enough fitting now to do everything you want in a utility blops. With the carrier nerfs being as punishing as they are carriers splitting DPS between 2-3 widows gets essentially the same results as pre-nerf ECM. Then comes the marshal because of its unique bonuses, and all around fitting makes it a more versatile but less DPS oriented Panther/Deemer. The Deemer has the best DPS/Tank mix of the bunch. Panthers are above Sin just because of the DPS they can put down and interesting fitting options. Sins are great solo blops but for fleets are outclassed in all aspects except for neuting and drone DPS (which is the worst kind of DPS for a blops imo).  

When Im blopsing I value utility as well DPS, because even a widow does decent dps, all things considered.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, John Xadin said:

Shit taste, but I appreciate you replying 😛

Hint: Widow -> Marshal -> Deemer -> Panther -> Sin. 

The Widow is the best because it occupies a unique role when used for hunting carrier and super while having enough fitting now to do everything you want in a utility blops. With the carrier nerfs being as punishing as they are carriers splitting DPS between 2-3 widows gets essentially the same results as pre-nerf ECM. Then comes the marshal because of its unique bonuses, and all around fitting makes it a more versatile but less DPS oriented Panther/Deemer. The Deemer has the best DPS/Tank mix of the bunch. Panthers are above Sin just because of the DPS they can put down and interesting fitting options. Sins are great solo blops but for fleets are outclassed in all aspects except for neuting and drone DPS (which is the worst kind of DPS for a blops imo).  

When Im blopsing I value utility as well DPS, because even a widow does decent dps, all things considered.

I was able to read that wall of text before a Widow was able to apply DPS 😛

Marshal, not wasting isk on situational gank ship.

If I'm dropping with 8-10, sure bring a Widow or 2...Once you get some numbers you can have the luxury of versitility...but otherwise I want DPS...kill, MJD, and cloak.  If I'm dropping with 3-5 a Widow over a DPS ship is a liability.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Robinton Jax said:

I was able to read that wall of text before a Widow was able to apply DPS 😛

Marshal, not wasting isk on situational gank ship.

If I'm dropping with 8-10, sure bring a Widow or 2...Once you get some numbers you can have the luxury of versitility...but otherwise I want DPS...kill, MJD, and cloak.  If I'm dropping with 3-5 a Widow over a DPS ship is a liability.

Im talking in the context of moderately sized blops gangs. If you've only got 2-3 blops it should be a Marshal and two deemers of course.